Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dear John

I aint got a husband
You aint got a wife
We two grown folks lets spend some together
Get to know me better, maybe share some laughter
It just might turn into happily ever after
You never know, I just might be the one, the one, the one.

Words of India Arie
Sought of an indication of just what be happening in my head right now
This meeting I'm about to have
Has made me realise
That this time Im not willing to compromise
Either I'm your lady
Or just baby mama
certain benefits are only for my man
I know you feel me, I feel you too
I'm done being afraid
Of how honest real love is
I'm coming out clean
Putting my cards on the table
If it so happens that you meet
My needs,wants and expectations
Promise to hold my hand tight and not let go when you scared and uncertain
I'l not leave when we lose our way
If indeed He crafted me for you
One day you will read this and smile
 


No comments: